What you can expect from us:
- You will be treated with respect and courtesy at all times.
- We will try and answer the telephone promptly and courteously to deal with your request.
- We will listen to your problems and try to deal with your problems.
- We will deal with your problems confidentially
- You will receive quality medical care and health checks promoting healthy lifestyles and offering preventative advice.
- We will provide explanation and information about your illness, treatment and our services.
- We will refer you to a specialist for a second opinion when appropriate.
- We will provide surgery appointments within 48 hours.
- We will have the right to remove patients from our list if they repeatedly and persistently ignore their responsibilities to us and other patients or who threaten violence to any member of staff.
What we expect from you:
- Treat doctors and all practice staff with the courtesy and respect that you would expect to receive from us and that you do not verbally abuse the reception staff when they cannot give you the exact appointment you request.
- Inform us as soon as possible if you cannot keep an appointment. We may be able to offer it to someone else whose need is urgent.
- Be patient if we are very busy and running late.
- Do not use the out of hours service as an extension of surgery hours. It is for emergencies only.
- Only request a home visit if you are housebound. The facilities at the surgery are much better for examination and treatment.
- Take responsibility for your own health care and that of your dependant children and take appropriate action and advice when given, and when you are asked to return to surgery you do so.
- Allow 48 hours for prescription requests to be processed. If your request is urgent we will do our best to issue the prescription sooner.
- Inform us of changes of address or telephone number.